Happy WORLD OCEANS Day !
The theme for the World Oceans Day 2021 is ‘The Ocean: Life and Livelihoods’.
We want to take part in this wonderful celebration and create awareness by donating $5 from every straw purchased to "Make A Change Bali"
"Make A Change Bali" is working on developing affordable and replicable solutions to prevent plastic pollution from entering our ocean. They also have an entire workforce active every day cleaning Bali’s rivers, picking up, sorting and cleaning the plastic for it to have a second life.
- 6 pieces of reusable Bamboo Straw with cotton pouch + cleaner
- Handmade in Bali
- Available in limited quantities.
- Over three billion people rely on the ocean for their livelihood.
- The ocean contains 50-80 per cent of all life on Earth.
- Only one per cent of the ocean is legally protected.
- Harmful algae blooms are increasing; they can cause massive fish kills and contaminate seafood with toxins.
- Oceans help in reducing climate change by storing large amounts of carbon dioxide. But increasing levels of dissolved carbon are making the seawater more acidic.
- About 70 per cent of the oxygen we breathe is produced by the oceans.
- The sea is home to the world's largest living structure - the Great Barrier Reef. It is 2,600 km long and can seen from the Moon.
- We have only explored about five per cent of the world's oceans and there are a lot more that needs to be discovered.
- According to World Register of Marine Species (WoRMS), there are currently at least 236,878 named marine species.
- 90 per cent of all volcanic activity occurs in the oceans.